Title: Manager of Social Enterprise and Engagement
Full time, permanent
$60,000-$75,000 annual salary
Every purchase has an economic, environmental, cultural and social impact. The collective effort of leveraging social value from purchasing has a powerful and positive ripple effect on our communities.
At Buy Social Canada, we believe in building community capital: healthy communities that are rich in human, social, cultural, physical and economic capital. We are redefining how goods and services are bought and sold. By building relationships between social suppliers and purchasers, Buy Social Canada is leading the movement for community capital creators across the country.
Our team is fast paced as interest in social procurement is skyrocketing. We are looking for someone with networking, relationship-building and facilitation skills to work with non-profits, and institutions, corporations and governments. This role will lead the Buy Social Canada Social Enterprise Certification program, support the engagement with social enterprises across the country and help with development of social procurement policies, implementation strategies and training.
Social procurement is an emerging field. We are looking for someone who can learn and contribute with their existing skills. This could be you if you are:
- Passionate about social and community impact
- Able to quickly grasp concepts and apply them
- Experienced working with a broad range of stakeholders including community groups, non-profits and government
- Bring strong facilitation and engagement skills
- Bring unique talents and skills to the team. Our team background runs the gamut from law, economics and community development to journalism and even Italian literature!
- Lead on the Social Enterprise Certification program
- Find and connect with social enterprises who have potential for Certification
- Grow the awareness of Certified Social Enterprises across Canada
- Plan and implement a social enterprise engagement strategy with relationship and capacity building activities
- Present training and workshops to stakeholders and clients
- Coordinate and host community and stakeholder engagement
- Engage with other ecosystem organizations to grow the social value marketplace in an inclusive and collaborative way
- Be able to attend and host engagements both in person in Toronto and virtually
- Write, edit and produce materials including presentations, promotional materials and reports
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive team environment to help you learn
- Purpose-driven work as we strive to shift the economy to value more than just economic gain
- Salary of $60-75,000 annually (30 minutes paid lunch per day)
- Benefits include:
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 3 month probation period
- Connectivity allowance (phone and internet)
- WFH office set up allowance
- Health and wellness fund
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a collaborative team player
- You are comfortable working independently and communicating with the team online using Zoom, Slack and email
- You love to learn new things and constantly improve
- You enjoy meeting new people, building and maintaining relationships
- You are a champion and promoter of social impact
- You have precise attention to detail
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and are great at managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- You are passionate about people and believe we can do better for the planet than the status quo
Our first preference is for candidates who live in or near Toronto, Ontario. This role will include attending and facilitating in-person engagements in Toronto as we transition back to in-person engagement opportunities.
If you are not located in the Toronto area, we still welcome you to apply, and your qualifications will be considered along with your location and ability to meet on a regular basis in Toronto.
Our remote working team is located across the country including BC, Alberta and Ontario.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter, and resume addressed to Elizabeth Chick-Blount to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by the end of day Monday April 18th, but will be considered on a rolling basis.
If you require support applying online because of accessibility needs, please contact us at 604-785-3511. We welcome the opportunity to adapt our hiring process as needed to increase accessibility.