Become a certified Buy Social Canada social enterprise and join a growing network of businesses driving the social procurement movement! Buy Social Canada’s third-party certification program recognizes your organization as a verified social enterprise, and enhances your marketing potential as a business that actively prioritizes community benefits and social impact over private profit and shareholder returns.
Benefits of Buy Social Certification:
- Certification provides a meaningful social value differentiator that helps your business stand out in diverse and competitive marketplaces
- Partner with a growing network of mission-driven businesses that drive social procurement practices and contribute to healthy community building
- Purchasers can easily identify your social enterprise designation, expanding your network potential
- Provides marketing opportunities through Buy Social Canada's partner Akcelos, an online social enterprise directory and e-commerce platform.
- Raises your business’ profile on national and international markets
- Access to valuable resources and support from the Buy Social Canada team, including workshops, webinars, networking events, educational literature, and more
One hour free consultation with one of our strategic partners
A discounted consulting rate of $100/hour or 33% off the original cost with one of our strategic partners
Free access to webinars and other key resources
Our certified social enterprises include non-profits with or without charitable status, community service co-operatives, hybrid corporations with caps on dividends and asset distribution, and for-profits owned by non-profits. For a list of already certified social enterprises, please see our directory.
Ready to become a part of the Buy Social Canada movement? Check out our certification guidelines for social enterprise suppliers below.
Guidelines for Certification:
- At least 50% of your business’ revenue comes from selling goods/services in the marketplace
- You have an embedded social, environmental or cultural mission as a part of your organization
- 50% or more of your profits go back into executing your mission’s purpose
- Your business operates with transparency and responsibility
- Documentation that demonstrates your business’ social impact history (e.g. incorporation documents, financial reports, etc.)
- Ability to pay Buy Social’s annual certification fee (to cover resources, consulting, and support) based on your business’ revenue
Join Buy Social Canada today! Applying for certification is easy – fill out our form for suppliers online in minutes, or feel free to talk to one of our team members for more details.
*If you feel that your business or organization doesn’t fit these specific guidelines, please contact us and we would be happy to discuss ways in which you can be a Buy Social Canada partner.
PRICING FOR SUPPLIERS
The annual pricing for certification is based upon your business revenues.
Supplier Participation Fee:
- Under $1million: $250/year
- $1-5 million: $500/year
- $5-20 million: $1000/year
- $20 million+: $2500/year