Note: This position has been filled, but we accept resumes for any future hiring opportunities on an ongoing basis. If you’re looking for a meaningful role with a dynamic team, submit your resume to email@example.com.
Title: Social Procurement Consultant
$60,000 – 75,000 annual salary
Every purchase has an economic, environmental, cultural and social impact. The collective effort of leveraging social value from purchasing has a powerful and positive ripple effect on our communities.
At Buy Social Canada, we believe in building community capital: healthy communities that are rich in human, social, cultural, physical and economic capital. We are redefining how goods and services are bought and sold. By building relationships between social suppliers and purchasers, Buy Social Canada is leading the movement for community capital creators across the country.
Our team is fast paced as interest in social procurement is skyrocketing. We are looking for someone with writing and facilitation skills to work with corporations, governments, non-profits, and institutions to support the development of social procurement policies, implementation strategies and training.
Social procurement is an emerging field. We are looking for someone who can learn and contribute with their existing skills. This could be you if you are:
- Passionate about social and community impact
- Able to quickly grasp concepts and apply them
- Experienced working with clients
- Strong facilitator with excellent engagement skills
- Excited to bring unique talents and skills to the team. Our team background runs the gamut from law, economics and community development to journalism and even Italian literature!
- Plan and implement social procurement policies and implementation strategies based on client’s priorities and requirements
- Present training and workshops to stakeholders and clients
- Conduct research on procurement practices and develop best practice guidelines
- Support and coordinate client meetings including note-taking
- Coordinate and execute community and stakeholder engagement
- Write, edit and produce reports
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive team environment to help you learn
- Purpose-driven work as we strive to shift the economy to value more than just economic gain
- Salary of $60-75,000 annually (30 minutes paid lunch per day)
- Benefits include:
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 3 month probation period
- Connectivity allowance (phone and internet)
- WFH office set up allowance
- Health and wellness fund
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a collaborative team player
- You are comfortable working independently and communicating with the team online using Zoom, Slack and email
- You love to learn new things and constantly improve
- You have precise attention to detail
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and are great at managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- You are passionate about people and believe we can do better for the planet than the status quo
Our remote working team is located in BC and Alberta. We welcome people to apply from across Canada who can work full time remote. Although we are a remote work team, we are working to meet in person in small groups and as a whole team throughout the year.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Tori Williamson to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by Tuesday February 28th. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis.
If you require support applying online because of accessibility needs, please contact us at 604-785-3511. We welcome the opportunity to adapt our hiring process as needed to increase accessibility.