Job Posting: Operations Coordinator
Dec 21st, 2021
Note: This position has been filled, but we accept resumes for any future hiring opportunities on an ongoing basis. If you’re looking for a meaningful role with a dynamic team, submit your resume to email@example.com.
Title: Operations Coordinator
Full time, permanent
$50,000 annual salary
Every purchase has an economic, environmental, cultural and social impact. The collective effort of leveraging social value from purchasing has a powerful and positive ripple effect on our communities.
At Buy Social Canada, we believe in building community capital: healthy communities that are rich in human, social, cultural, physical and economic capital. We are redefining how goods and services are bought and sold. By building relationships between social suppliers and purchasers, Buy Social Canada is leading the movement for community capital creators across the country.
Buy Social Canada is adding an Operations Coordinator to our small and dynamic team. Working with our Executive Director, the team, and our national network of partners and clients, your role will be to provide daily administrative and organizational support across a range of projects and programs.
You will need to be highly organized and comfortable managing a variety of ongoing duties and relationships from the simple to the complex. If you share our goals and can bring a blend of administrative skill and operational support experience to the team, we’d like to meet you.
- Provide administrative and organizational support to the internal team for project and program delivery e.g., coordinating calendars and sending invitations for meetings and events, typing correspondence, preparing presentations and key documents
- Support project delivery monitoring, measurement and reporting including data entry and drafting reports
- Support webinar, workshop and training delivery including organizing registration and providing day-of backend support using Eventbrite, Zoom and other programs as required
- Assist with invoicing and expenses including drafting invoices, coordinating with external accountants, and tracking payments
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive team environment to help you learn
- Purpose-driven work as we strive to shift the economy to value more than just economic gain
- Salary of $50,000 annually (30 minutes paid lunch per day)
- Benefits include:
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 3 month probation period
- Connectivity allowance (phone and internet)
- WFH office set up allowance
- Health and wellness fund
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a collaborative team player
- You are comfortable working independently and communicating with the team online using Zoom, Slack and email
- You love to learn new things and constantly improve
- You have precise attention to detail
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and are great at managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- You are passionate about people and believe we can do better for the planet than the status quo
Our remote working team is located in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. We welcome people to apply from across Canada who can work full time remote. As we transition to a hybrid working environment, we are exploring working in person on a semi-regular basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Elizabeth Chick-Blount to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by Thursday January 20th. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
If you require support applying online because of accessibility needs, please contact us at 604-785-3511. We welcome the opportunity to adapt our hiring process as needed to increase accessibility.