Title: Operations Lead
$60,000 – $70,000 annual salary
Deadline to apply: July 21, 2023
Every purchase has an economic, environmental, cultural and social impact. The collective effort of leveraging social value from purchasing has a powerful and positive ripple effect on our communities.
At Buy Social Canada, we believe in building community capital: healthy communities that are rich in human, social, cultural, physical and economic capital. We are redefining how goods and services are bought and sold. By building relationships between social suppliers and purchasers, Buy Social Canada is leading the movement for community capital creators across the country.
Buy Social Canada is hiring an Operations Lead for our small and dynamic team. Working with our Executive Director, the team, and our national network of partners and clients your role will be to provide daily administrative and organizational support across a range of projects and programs.
You will need to be highly organized and comfortable managing a variety of ongoing duties and relationships from the simple to the complex. We are looking for someone with a passion for operations who is organized, detail oriented and collaborative, to manage our growing team’s operational requirements and support our project delivery.
We are looking for someone who can contribute with their existing skills and learn and grow with our team. This could be you if you:
- Are passionate about social and community impact
- Are a strong team player and communicator
- Are able to quickly grasp concepts and apply them
- Bring experience working with Quickbooks, budgets and writing financial reports
- Have experience working with project management and CRM software such as Click-up and Nutshell as an additional asset.
- Bring unique talents and skills to the team. Our team background runs the gamut from law, economics and community development to journalism and even Italian literature!
- Provide administrative and organizational support to the internal team for project and program delivery e.g., coordinating calendars and sending invitations for meetings and events, typing correspondence, preparing presentations and key documents.
- Manage organizational recruitment and onboarding, maintaining accurate HR files for team members, and managing organizational HR needs.
- Regularly review and draft organizational policies.
- Support project delivery monitoring, measurement and reporting including data entry and drafting reports.
- Support webinar, workshop and training delivery including organizing registration and providing day-of backend support using Eventbrite, Zoom and other programs as required.
- Click-up (project management tool) and IT implementation and team support.
- Manage invoicing and expenses including drafting invoices and tracking payments in Quickbooks.
- Compile monthly financial reconciliation and coordinate with external accountants.
- Prepare monthly finance reports for presentation to the Executive Director.
- Prepare payroll.
What we offer
- A supportive team environment to help you learn
- Purpose-driven work as we strive to shift the economy to value more than just economic gain
- Salary of $60,000 – $70,000 annually (30 minutes paid lunch per day)
- Benefits include:
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 3 month probation period
- Connectivity allowance (phone and internet)
- Work from home office set up allowance
- Health and wellness fund
Who you are
- You are a collaborative team player
- You are comfortable working independently and communicating with the team online using Zoom, Slack and email
- You love to learn new things and constantly improve
- You have precise attention to detail
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and are great at managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- You are passionate about people and believe we can do better for the planet than the status quo
Our remote working team is located across Canada. We welcome people to apply from across Canada who can work full time remote. Team members in BC have the option to meet on a semi-regular basis (in Vancouver) and all team members meet in person twice per year.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Submit a cover letter, and resume addressed to Elizabeth Chick-Blount to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 21, 2023. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
If you require support applying online because of accessibility needs, please contact us at 604 785 3511. We welcome the opportunity to adapt our hiring process as needed to increase accessibility.